Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's See if I Can Remember . . .

January 20

Noble, John, and I went to the President Bush and Laura welcome home party. We took Noble's friend, Ben, who is his democratic rival on their school talk show. I was really glad we went. Also, as Air Force One flew its last mission with President Bush aboard right over our heads, Noble remarked that one day he would fly on Air Force One. Either he would be the President or the chief aviation engineer. Maybe that means that I'll get to fly on Air Force One someday, too!! Either as the President's wickedly awesome mother, or as the chief engineer's wickedly awesome mother. Either way I'll be sooooo proud!! Gotta love my kid!

January 23

John turned 40. That in and of itself is amazing!! First of all, I can't believe that he and I are in that age group. It got here much sooner than I expected. I can still remember the party for my dad when he turned 40, and I would have been 13. I know that I thought that seemed pretty old then, but not anymore. Love ya Dad! Also, because John was told at age 9 that he probably wouldn't live that long. Don't ya just love tenderhearted doctors?!? Stupid doctor!! We showed him. Who does he think he is??? We are so blessed to have John around!! His ailments often give us a scare. Happy Birthday, Babe!

February 6-8

Went to Atlanta for a conference, the Ron Clark Academy. Had a great time. Learned alot. Enjoyed being with some of the other teachers on my campus. The school was amazing!! Also, had dinner with my cousin and his family. Thanks Bryan and family!

February 9-13

Went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, with John!! Had a blast!! It was so fun to be with John and watch him relax. We relaxed on the beach, ate tons of yummy food, went four-wheeling, twice, took a sunset dinner cruise, went whale watching, had a massage, shopped, spent time with insurance buddies, and most importantly got to spend quality time together.



February 28

Traveled to Lubbock to watch Noble compete in his third Destination Imagination competition. Their team won first again, and is advancing to the State Competition in Houston the first weekend in April. Yahoo!! I'll post pictures later, as I forgot to take my camera. They competed in a category called Instinct Messaging. They had to pick an animal and use its way of communication in their skit. They chose the peacock, and Noble was the "featured creature" this year. He has a really neat contraption for raising and lowering his "tail." He made a very handsome male peacock.

Whew!! I think I made it!! I apologize for the lack of posting. Sometimes life gets the better of me!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow. It's good to have you back and to be caught up on what's going on with the Subletts. We miss you guys!