Sunday, December 14, 2008

Selfish Plea for Friends!

I would like to propose starting a book club or joining one. I know that some of you have been doing this, so I am either inviting myself to join yours, or I am willing to host the first one in my home. So let's see?!? How do these things work?? Do we read a book a month?? Any suggestions for the first one?? I would be willing to host the first "book club party," if that is what they are called on Friday, January 30.

This is really a selfish plea to help create better friendships for myself, so who wants to be my friend!!!

7 comments:

Judy said...

I have been wanting to start a new book club but just haven't. I'm in! The date sounds great!

Mel said...

I'd be willing, but it's going to be hard to get everyone out to Florida for my party! :) I guess I'll just have to pretend. Why didn't we do this when I lived there???

Jae said...

I think that a party in Florida sounds fabulous. Any book suggestions? Why didn't we do it while you were here, Mel???? Judy, any suggestions??

Judy said...

hummmmmmmm let me think on that Jae. I will look through my stack of books that I want to read and give ya suggestions. I'm excited! Yes, Mel...I think we will all like to come out and party there.

Danielle said...

I can't commit to it but I would be interested. Let me know what you guys decide.

larshannon said...

Ok, I'm in. What are we reading?

Adriane said...

I am in a book club that is mostly 2nd warders, but I love books and would love to join yours too.