Sunday, December 14, 2008

1st Annual Christmas Village Lighting Ceremony


I have been waiting a long time for a house!! Not just a home for my family, but also a home for my collection of "little homes." Since we bought our home in February, we have been hoping for shelves to be able to display the Christmas village. Thanks to an early Christmas present, I invite you all to the first annual Christmas village lighting ceremony. I have been collecting Department 56 Snow Village pieces since 1995. My first piece was the Mt. Olivet Church. I really like them, and it has been fun to receive pieces in honor of special memories. Each one has been labeled on the bottom, so that I can remember when and why I received that piece. Over the last several years it has become a chore for me to put up each year. I have become sort of a scrooge, but this year was different. John and Noble helped me, and we had a lot of fun this afternoon assembling the "village." We drank hot chocolate and listened to Christmas carols. I shared with Noble the stories behind each piece, and he had fun accessorizing each home. John wired the backs of the shelves, and it made it super easy to get everything plugged in and lit up. For the first time in alot of Christmases, I felt my old Christmas spirit begin to return. Here's hoping I can drive the Christmas scrooge out of my life forever.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm so happy you finally have a permanent spot for your Christmas Village!