Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Day of Sixth Grade!!!



It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noble is in the sixth grade!!!! Ugh! Hooray!! Boohoo!!! Yippee!!!

I have such mixed emotions about this year!! The sixth graders always cry like huge babies at the end of the year, and it is quite a sight to behold. I just want to announce this right now. I will totally be bawling my eyes out on the last day of school this year, so save the date, and come on over to watch the spectacle. One of the most exciting parts of this year, is that our principal put Noble in my homeroom class. I didn't think that she would do this, but she said that she starting thinking about it from a mother's perspective. She thought it would be such a memory for us to finish his elementary career together. I couldn't agree more. I know that not all parents can agree to this set up, but I for one am going to cherish every moment of it. I will finally get to attend his Christmas and Valentine's parties. I will be able to watch how he learns and interacts with others in a classroom environment. I will be able to soak up every final elementary moment. I love it!!! He seems to be ok with it, too, by the way. Another great mother/son pair had this same situation when they were in school. My wonderful grandmother, who inspired me to become a teacher, had my dad in her homeroom - in the sixth grade!! How cool is that tradition!?! Can anyone even top that!!!???!! Don't even try!!!! We rock in our family!! If you thought that I was in love with my child before, just get ready, because he is the best student ever. Best child, best student, who could ask for anything more!!! I love ya, Noble!!

1 comment:

Not Betty Crocker said...

That is really cool. I'm excited for both of you to have this time together.