Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy 15th Anniversary


Fifteen years ago today, John and I were married in my parent's backyard in Alpine. It was very beautiful. My mom had worked especially hard on her already beautiful yard. In fact, she called me earlier this week to let me know that the crepe myrtles were blooming just in case there needed to be a wedding. So many people that we loved were there to take part in our special day. It was a day that I will treasure. I cannot believe that fifteen years have passed. We have had many wonderful times and few struggles along the way, but we have stuck together through thick and thin. I love John very much, and I am so thankful for our eternal marriage. A few years later, on my birthday, June 9, 2000, we were sealed together for time and all eternity. I am thankful for the time in between, and for those who were an eternal inspiration for us.



I just thought that I would reflect on the size of my waist in this picture.


John and I went on a two week honeymoon to Cozumel and Cancun, and a stop at Coba in between. Good times!!! We had so much fun, and got to travel back to Cozumel with some really fun friends a few years ago. : )


I found this picture with the others. This is my senior prom, Uptown Night 1990!! John and I have been sweethearts since I was sixteen. Isn't he just the cutest thing you ever did see. Check out his curls!!!

2 comments:

TexasRed said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I wish we'd known y'all then so we could have come to your wedding! You were such a beautiful bride!!!

I will never forget your sealing. There just aren't words for the feelings there . . .

So - when are we going back to Mexico!?!?! Wasn't that so much fun!!! Good times!! :o)

I think John should bring the curls back! heh heh heh!

Happy Anniversary!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Happy anniversary!

I enjoyed the pictures-thanks for sharing.

How was Vegas?